Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's a Thursday...

Whoo. Today is one of those days where I'm just d.r.a.g.g.i.n.g. And of course, it's beautiful outside! 73F and sunny, a true NYC spring afternoon, and I'm stuck in my cubby reading charts and seeing patients. Boo.

In other news, I've actually had a very productive clinical week. I'm covering for one of the physicians while she's away at a conference, so I've quite literally just been thrown in to some pretty heavy-duty clinical decisions. MRI impression what? Neuro referral to who? Luckily, my physician partner-in-crime is only a phone call away and is more than happy to step away from her lectures to help me figure stuff out.

Although this week has been a little challenging, my patients have been wonderful. I've discovered that I have a true knack for little old ladies, especially the Jewish ones. They 'love' me. And I love them! Although some of them are quite perplexed that I don't have an "official" title. "Should I call you Nurse Katz or Dr. Katz?". And then I say, "How about Ms. Katz?". They like that ok, but they all want me to be a doctor instead.

OK, time for much patient call-backs.

No comments: