Friday, March 28, 2008


As many of you know, I love office supplies. When others take a walk for relaxation, I go to Staples. It's true. And I love having a job that not only allows me to have all of the typical office supplies - pens, pencils, staplers, etc. but also the really-fun-only-for-medical-people ones! Things like a stamp with my name and lisence number! And a measuring tape that lives in my pocket! And my stethoscopy (ok, so maybe not an office supply, but hey, it lives in my office, and it's a much needed supply... I think I made my argument).
However, the difficutly with these sorts of office supplies and the business of my work is that they often don't mix well. Take this morning for example. I had just come back from our (horribly long, boring, and way too money focused) staff meeting when I was sitting at my desk preparing for the rest of my day. Suddenly, out of nowhere, my phone rings, my medical directors walks in, and a stack of labs lands on my desk. Inexplicably, I am instantly tangled in my phone cord and my stethoscope while watching helplessly as my paperclips and my pile of labs slide soundlessly to the floor. All in front of my medical director, who I'm still a little scared of. Good job, Rachel. Good job.
My love for office supplies back-fired this morning. We'll try again on Monday.

No comments: