Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Daily Run Down:
Cups of coffee: 1 (my usual morning latte, caramel today)
Number of truly insane patients: Surprisingly few today... but my medical director is driving me crazier than my patients!
Number of times I reassured myself that I was in the right profession: Over and over and over and over...
Contact with biohazardous material? No
Number of times I purelled my hands: Not enough
Number of times I dazed out and dreamt about my wedding: None - theknot.com stresses me out...
Favorite patient: An adorable 14-month old girl with pink-eye who was screaming her head off until I started speaking to her in French, at which point she stopped screaming and started actually listening to what I was saying. And then I looked at her eyes, at which point she started screaming again.
Best chief complaints (new item requested by Julie): "I can't sleep, but I think it's because I'm anxious about my blood pressure and my niece just died."  "I've had headaches every day for 2 years, but now I am worried about them." "I want a referral to see my chiropractor. I don't think I need it, but just in case he asks for one...".  

No comments: