Monday, May 12, 2008

Yay for weekends off! I spent this past weekend in lovely Colorado with JB and it was great! I love, love, love being out there because it's such a nice break from my hectic life in NYC. The weather is beautiful, the atmosphere is laid back, and I get to wear all of the dri-fit clothes that I want without anyone thinking that I'm a dork. What could be better?

So I got there late Friday night after almost missing my connection in Dallas (for like the umpteenth time, I sprinted through the Dallas-Forth Worth airport). So, we hung out on Friday night and stayed up late chatting like the girls that we are and then went hiking Saturday morning. A nice, little morning hike straight up a mountain! It was crazy, but amazing. We then drove up to Denver and spent ridiculous amounts of money at REI on our way to Boulder.

I just have to say that I LOVE Boulder, CO. It is the coolest town ever. Very much like Northampton, but the people are all in better shape and there aren't as many lesbians. Even without all of the lesbians, I greatly enjoy it. So, we spent Saturday night bumming around Boulder and then got up on Sunday and ran a 9K! That's right people, I ran a 9K. It was great. I loved it.

So, now I'm back in NYC missing Colorado already and already planning my next trip out there to be fun and outdoorsy with Nurse JB.

So, now the run down for my last 2 weeks of training for ALC.
Today: OFF - I can barely walk thanks to the 9K yesterday, and I haven't seen my boo all weekend, so tonight will be movie and wine night inside.
Tomorrow:
Run: off
Swim: still searching for a pool
Bike: must bike, must bike, must bike - if it's sunny, then I'll do at least 4 laps in CP - if it's not sunny, then at lest 1.5 hours spinning at my fancy gym
Strength: abs and back (always, abs and back...)

No comments: