Thursday, January 3, 2008

Today was another rough one here in gay-ville... I came into work super nauseas and then proceeded to virtually fall-asleep at my desk throughout the morning, all while trying to sound peppy & upbeat about my patients' multiple problems. Tricky, very tricky.

The afternoon picked up though w/ miso soup and dumplings... yummmy. I love living in New York, where there are always multi-ethnic cures for whatever ails you. Also, I got a perscription for my never-ending sinus infection, which is always a good thing. Better living through chemistry, that's what I say.

Also, I'm newly obsessed with blogging - thanks Colie! And I found my picture of Super Nurse. See, today could have been worse... much worse.

The Daily Run Down:
Cups of coffee: 0 - too sick this morning!
Truly insane patients: surprisingly not that many, it being a Thursday and all
Number of times I reassured myself I was in the right profession: many... most of them when I wanted to die of stomach-flu-nastiness while still at work
Contact with biohazardous material? Yes, but it was my own
Number of times I purelled my hands: not enough - lost the purell!
Number of times I dazed out and dreamt about my wedding: 1
Favorite patient: A guy called in said that he thinks that he has a hernia... so fine, he has a hernia. I go through the whole hernia thing and all he asks is: "So, this means I can't go to the gym?!". Aaah, the gays.

No comments: